Protecting Our Town and its Environment.
Alsager is currently under threat from an uncontrolled surge in planning applications to build on Greenfield sites which contravene policies defined in our accepted Town Plan. The reasons for this are outlined in the Background section of this site. This Group has been set up to make sure that the residents of Alsager are fully aware of the situation and what they can do about it.
We have a Town Plan, produced by our Town Council and agreed by the residents. Builders are exploiting loopholes in the planning system and not respecting the expressed wishes of the Alsager community.
Decisions are then being made by Cheshire East and Central Government planners which override agreed plans.
Doing something about it.
ARAG can not do this by themselves. We will only have a significant impact if all of the residents of Alsager get involved and take action now. This isn’t an issue of just stopping building close to your house, it is a matter of protecting our whole town and its immediate surroundings.
Don’t leave it to others. They may be leaving it to you.
What Can You Do?
- Sign up with alsageraction and we will send you regular e-mails keeping you informed of progress.
- Go to ‘Current Greenfield Proposals’ on this website and object in the strongest possible terms to each greenfield proposal. You will find out how to do that and get some ideas from ‘Raising Objections’.
- Express your feelings in writing to your MP Fiona Bruce,to Eric Pickles the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government and to our Cheshire East Councillors.
- Attend planning meetings and make your feelings known.
- Tell friends and neighbours what is going on in our community and get them to sign up to the web site.
- Contact ARAG, make suggestions and contribute effort.
What Can We (ARAG) Do?
- This website will provide background information and will keep people informed. We will produce regular updates as new information becomes available and work to make sure this site is easy to use.
- ARAG will work with local councillors, Cheshire East councillors, Central Government , media and national organisations to defend the expressed interests of Alsager Residents.
- Where we can, we will work with and assist other relevant Action groups. This is not just an Alsager issue, it is having a serious and detrimental national impact.